MA color candles

PostAuthor: noushina » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Candles indicate relationship to 1 or two MAs.

Based on 3 indicators from Raghi Horner (1 for above high of MA, 1 for below low of MA and one for between the high and low of MA. This is only 1 indicator, but it not draw MA lines or middle candles (not enough buffers)
But this MA candle is fully adjustable and comes in three flavors.

Setting 1 is basically same as Raghi's, setting two only uses the close, setting 3 allows two MAs --a slow and a fast-- before the color change

Fully adjustable MAs for price type, MA type, MA shift.

It defaults to the Max candles which use 2 MAs (25, 70 LWMA on the close) as shown in the attached image (the MA lines are not part of the indicator)
The blue middle candles are set from template properties. The indicator will not draw these candles.

EDIT: this info comes to me from one flyer415
flyer415 from FXAW wrote:I currently use 8 different conditions for a different colour while the default background colour would be a non-painting condition.

I set my Bar Up and Bar Down colours as Blue and Red respectively in the Chart properties. I then use 4 shades of blue such as Aqua, Dodger Blue, LightSky Blue and Blue as the 4 bull candles. A similar concept is done for the bear candles.

This way I use all 8 buffers for body colours and allow the chart properties to colour the wicks.

I use a SetCandleColour function to make it more streamlined where its use is set up as follows:

if(Condition1 && Condition2 && Condition3) //
{
SetCandleColor(1,i); // BLUE
}

void SetCandleColor(int col, int i)
{
double high,low,bodyHigh,bodyLow;
{
bodyHigh = MathMax(Open,Close);
bodyLow = MathMin(Open,Close);
high = High;
low = Low;
}
Bar1 = low;
Candle1 = bodyLow;
Bar2 = low;
Candle2 = bodyLow;
Bar3 = low;
Candle3 = bodyLow;
Bar4 = low;
Candle4 = bodyLow;
// Bar1 = low;
Candle5 = bodyLow;
// Bar2 = low;
Candle6 = bodyLow;
// Bar3 = low;
Candle7 = bodyLow;
// Bar4 = low;
Candle8 = bodyLow;
switch(col)
{
case 1:
Bar1 = high;
Candle1 = bodyHigh;
break;

case 2:
Bar2 = high;
Candle2 = bodyHigh;
break;

case 3:
Bar3 = high;
Candle3 = bodyHigh;
break;

case 4:
Bar4 = high;
Candle4 = bodyHigh;
break;

case 5:
// Bar1 = high;
Candle5 = bodyHigh;
break;

case 6:
// Bar2 = high;
Candle6 = bodyHigh;
break;

case 7:
// Bar3 = high;
Candle7 = bodyHigh;
break;

case 8:
// Bar4 = high;
Candle8 = bodyHigh;
break;
}
}
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by noushina on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noushina None specified
raider with 257 posts since Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 am
raider
Progress to next rank:
2.8%
Donator 2010 (1) Minor Donator 2011 (1)

Re: MA color candles

PostAuthor: bredin » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Nice work!

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
bredin Male New Zealand (nz)
Site Admin with 1372 posts since Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:23 am
MBTI: INTJ

PostAuthor: Jalarupa » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 pm

I must say that chart looks very sexy... Multi Coloured Candles! Awesome! :D

*EDIT* This will solve your problems with too many lines Noush... I really like this indi... :D
Terror rains drenchin', quenchin' tha thirst of tha power dons
That five sided fist-a-gon
Tha rotten sore on tha face of mother earth gets bigger
Tha triggers cold empty ya purse
Jalarupa Male South Africa (za)
plunderer with 518 posts since Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:39 am
plunderer
Progress to next rank:
4.5%
MBTI: INTP

The return of the MAC

PostAuthor: Jalarupa » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Hey,

Wow I must say this indicator got me thinking, and I have managed to devise an entry strategy for using this indicator as well as the fine lot we have here at II...

I call it the MAC (Moving Averages Compression)

And whilst it is not my method or idea, I felt that the MA candle colour indicator made it very simple to quantify into a entry strategy... No exit sorry... You'll have to rely on MZ ZL and CZ for these...

I feel that this strategy can confirm or deny a lot of the 'noise' out there...

Basically how it works is at an area of moving averages touching we have a MOVING AVERAGE COMPRESSION (MAC)

However this is normally the case with 3 or more MA's

Now what I have done is...

Loaded two of the MA cc indicators and set them to Fib Numbers (0.1.1.2.3.5.8.13.21.34.55.89.144...)

Specifically

55 & 144
as well as
34 & 55

Respectfully...

I have included two MA's to act as Compression Targets for the MAC confirmation (so when they cross)

21 LW and 55 LW

- The Method...

Wait for the two LWMA's to cross (Thats your key to Observe)

What are we looking for... Well I coloured my MT4 candles black so only the MA cc's show

So we are looking for a MA cc in the 3 II CC_lite in the 9 II CC_Lite boxes... In other words coloured candles confirming direction of trade... If there is black nothingness then NO TRADE...

Have a look at what I am talking about...

I am currently LONG because we never got a MA cc confirmation in the LWMA cross... NO MAC... So went long and am currently +50 pips as of this post on that trade...

*EDit - I'll make a template with all indicators available to II donators on request via PM
plunderer
Progress to next rank:
4.5%

Re: The return of the MAC

PostAuthor: gf1g1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Jal, sorry to steel from the Guinness beer commercials, but BRILLIANT! and TY for posting it.

Jalarupa wrote:Hey,

Wow I must say this indicator got me thinking, and I have managed to devise an entry strategy for using this indicator as well as the fine lot we have here at II...

And whilst it is not my method or idea, I felt that the MA candle colour indicator made it very simple to quantify into a entry strategy... No exit sorry... You'll have to rely on MZ ZL and CZ for these...

Basically how it works is at an area of moving averages touching we have a MOVING AVERAGE COMPRESSION (MAC)

Loaded two of the MA cc indicators and set them to Fib Numbers (0.1.1.2.3.5.8.13.21.34.55.89.144...)

Specifically

55 & 144
as well as
34 & 55

Respectfully...

I have included two MA's to act as Compression Targets for the MAC confirmation (so when they cross)

21 LW and 55 LW

- The Method...

What are we looking for... Well I coloured my MT4 candles black so only the MA cc's show

So we are looking for a MA cc in the 3 II CC_lite in the 9 II CC_Lite boxes... In other words coloured candles confirming direction of trade... If there is black nothingness then NO TRADE...

I am currently LONG because we never got a MA cc confirmation in the LWMA cross... NO MAC... So went long and am currently +50 pips as of this post on that trade...

*EDit - I'll make a template with all indicators available to II donators on request via PM

gf1g1 None specified
privateer with 91 posts since Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:30 am
privateer
Progress to next rank:
82%

PostAuthor: noushina » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks Jala.

It's a little cluttered.

So you are putting the MAcc in twice with two different settings, effectively creating a logical "OR" so that the candles are colored if either condition is satisfied and then comparing that to a MA crossover. Could probably do that with a crossover arrow that just applied those three conditions. Or have the JALA candles setting that applies those three conditions.

IF ((55LWma > 144LWma) OR (34LWma > 55LWma)) AND (21LWma > 55LWma) THEN draw the green arrows

With the first option of just a crossover arrow indicator then could put that arrow on your clean 3x9 charts

The attached chart is NOT what I just talked about LOL. Its just a way for me to have your clean 3x9 iicc chart style along with MAcc
BTW, note in the top chart an indicator. It is a MA on a WPR with BB on the WPR. Its a free indicator from over at that MT4 coding forum (although the MAX trading people include it as a core component in their $2000 package as an ex4 with their name on it). It's a pretty decent indicator I think, (as far as colored lines at the bottom of the screen go anyway).

edit: well I can't figure out logic of what happens when we stick the two MAcc on one chart. Its not what I said above, or else I am programming it wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

noushina None specified
raider with 257 posts since Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 am
raider
Progress to next rank:
2.8%

PostAuthor: gf1g1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Jal, TY for the template.

To clarify what you are saying, "So we are looking for a MA cc in the 3 II CC_lite in the 9 II CC_Lite boxes". Does that mean in the attached EJ chart, since the crossover or red and blue MA, occurred outside the 3 and 9 CC lite boxes, it would not be a trade when retrace occurs,at least in the way you defined your trading method?

edit: NM. 9 CC moved so all good with your rules.

Jalarupa wrote:Hey,

Specifically

55 & 144
as well as
34 & 55

Respectfully...

21 LW and 55 LW

- The Method...

gf1g1 None specified
privateer
Progress to next rank:
82%

PostAuthor: Jalarupa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:45 pm

gf1g1 wrote:Jal, TY for the template.

To clarify what you are saying, "So we are looking for a MA cc in the 3 II CC_lite in the 9 II CC_Lite boxes". Does that mean in the attached EJ chart, since the crossover or red and blue MA, occurred outside the 3 and 9 CC lite boxes, it would not be a trade when retrace occurs,at least in the way you defined your trading method?

Hey G,

To clarify... All you are looking for, is a MAcc (coloured candles) in the space above or below the crossover...

If... and this is something I've only just tested this morning on my live account (I had a sneaky suspicion that it was so)...

If there is nothing in the space above or below... then the opposite is true...

In other words, the signal would have been SHORT if we saw MAcc's but because we didn't get any coloured candle confirmation... The signal is now LONG (this is still in speculation phase)

plunderer
Progress to next rank:
4.5%

PostAuthor: gf1g1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Hey Jal,

Thanks for the explanation, that clears up the question :mrgreen:

Jalarupa wrote:
gf1g1 wrote:Jal, TY for the template.

Hey G,

To clarify... All you are looking for, is a MAcc (coloured candles) in the space above or below the crossover...

If... and this is something I've only just tested this morning on my live account (I had a sneaky suspicion that it was so)...

If there is nothing in the space above or below... then the opposite is true...

In other words, the signal would have been SHORT if we saw MAcc's but because we didn't get any coloured candle confirmation... The signal is now LONG (this is still in speculation phase)

gf1g1 None specified
privateer
Progress to next rank:
82%

PostAuthor: Jalarupa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:37 pm

No Worries G,

Please be sure to post your successes :)

noushina, you got mail... also thanks for the MA_WPR... now I got another entry/exit confirmation tool!

:)
plunderer
Progress to next rank:
4.5%